onsdag 7 juli 2010

eN

A few years ago I stumbled upon this dude and his ep 'The 3rd Chapter' which was released on Acroplane Records. The ep had five songs on it and one of them was a live take. All those five songs crushed. Crushed, I tell you! I had that little ep, which clocks in at 18 minutes in total, spinning for months almost everyday.
So I thought I'd write a little something about him. Now, that will be hard to do because the guy simply vansished. I've tried finding some valid information about him, but on Acroplane all I could find was this picture.



His myspace doesn't say that much either and it's no songs on it anymore. To tell you the truth I even had to struggle a little to find it again because he changed the adress there.

The little information I've managed to gather is from Archive.org and it says this:

"'The 3rd Chapter EP' is the first release from eN, a budding laptop musician from London, currently studying Music Informatics in Brighton.
Pairing the alluring qualities of atmospheric breaks and harsh edited Jungle rhythms with washed out synthetic soundscapes and deep bass, it walks the line between the tranquil and intense.

A founding partner of the No-Test collective and the infamous Erisian Discharge night’s, eN has been an up and coming force to watch out for, for some time now.
Creating his tunes in code using the venerable SuperCollider and already commending a sizeable back catalogue of jungle anthems and mashup breaks he's revered for his dance floor killas and live experimental laptop mashup’s, playing alongside acts such as Remarc, Doormouse, Drop The Lime, Mathhead, Tester, Debaser, Murderbot, Shitmat and Tim Exile."

You can find that Ep there too.

The music - Here we go once again with the Amen. This is very infuenced by jungle breaks with a lot of swelling sub bas that goes in creative and playful lines and the music is full of atmospheric soundscape pads. He has managed to pick up a low "djenty" punch in the Amens which is delicous. Makes the drums hit you really hard in the chest and ears.

I know I've seen and heard other songs on his myspace from a few years back that was even better but for now we'll just have to settle with this ep. Shouldn't be hard if you've never heard this before because if you really like this I salute you - you should have your ears ocuppied for months, just like I did.
As for me, I'll hold my thumbs for a new release in the near future!
/Marcanta

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar